David Villa Proud To Remain With Valencia

Speaking at the launch of his official website, David Villa remarked that he was in no hurry to leave his current club, Valencia, despite constant rumours linking him with the likes of Real Madrid and Manchester City.

The €127 million price tag slapped on him by the Mestalla top brass may have played a part, but the striker nonetheless seemed more than happy with his current lot."I am pleased to be here and for now things are going well for me," he said. "I am proud to stay at Valencia."

David Silva, his team-mate, is another one who has been linked with an exit, quite possibly to the Bernabeu. But the Asturian denied that his Canarian colleague was on the way out - for now, at least.

"Silva will play in the 15th matchday against Real Madrid tomorrow," he said.

"That match is an important one for us because we can achieve something more than our 2008 target, which was to end the year with 30 points.

"What's more, we have the chance to hold on to second place."

Europe, too, was on the forward's mind as he was questioned about Valencia's UEFA Cup meeting with Dynamo Kyiv.

"They will be a tough rival because they entered this competition via the Champions League, and also because it's very difficult for us to play in Kiev," he warned.

"But still, we need to knock them out if we want to progress in the UEFA Cup."

Seventh Heaven

Villa's website has the number '7' in pride of place in its address, leading some in the press to question whether or not he's tempting fate: currently the striker wears this number for Spain but such matters are always open to change.

But David said, "I'll always have this question around me, even if I manage 2,000 goals or get called up to every single squad!

"I am the '7' firstly because I am going to be called up that way and secondly because I'm allowed to be. On the day that I'm not called up, it'll be someone else."


0 komentar: