It seems that Chelsea really are no longer the Premier League's money men, after owner Roman Abramovic told manager Luiz Felipe Scolari he will not be given funds to sign players in January.According to a report in the British tabloid The Sun, the World Cup-winning Brazilian had hoped to sign Newcastle United's Michael Owen & Orlando Sa from Braga in a bid to install more competition in attack.

Apparently, Sa, a Portugal under-21 international, had been on trial at Stamford Bridge and looked all set to remain with the Blues, until Braga demanded a fee of €6.1 million.It seems that 'Big Phil' may be content to settle with what he already has at his disposal for this season, after declaring: "I don’t think the club will buy, I don’t think they’ll sell. This is my squad, these are my players."

When reminded of the club's less prosperous home-form this season, Scolari replied: "I need to work harder and I need to find the solution for this situation.

"I need to look at putting one player in a different position or making a special position for one player in some games.

"But I know I need to think about my squad only, not new players."

When asked what he feels is letting Chelsea down at Stamford Bridge, the 60-year-old remarked: "I need a good connection between the middle and front of the team.

"Sometimes I have the connection but I don’t have the players there to score a goal.

"Sometimes I have the players to score but I don’t have the connection from behind."

0 komentar: